Parade College, Bundoora

Parade College, Bundoora

Principal:  Mr Andrew Kuppe

E No.  E1003

Year Levels:  7 to 12

Phone Number:  9468 3300

Email Website

History:

Parade College was founded by four Christian Brothers in January 1871. They had taught for two years in a small school behind St Francis’ Church in Lonsdale Street before moving into the bluestone building in Victoria Parade. Hence the name Parade College. About one hundred boys enrolled on the first day and this number grew steadily over the years until it became necessary in 1953 to move the junior classes to a site newly acquired by the Old Paradians Association at Alphington. In 1968 further expansion was necessary and the college moved to a site of 80 acres on Plenty Road, Bundoora. In 1988, the junior classes at Alphington were moved to Bundoora and all three campuses occupied the spacious grounds large enough to give each campus its own recreational areas. In 2009 Parade opened a second campus in Preston, which runs Years 7–9 classes as well as the Year 10 Edmund Rice Pathways Program and Year 11 VCAL studies. Today, the college has almost 1800 students in Years 7–12 across both the Bundoora and the Preston campuses.


Description:

Parade College offers a wide range of cultural, academic and sporting opportunities for students in excellent facilities. Enrolments are taken from a number of widespread areas and the college's two campuses are conveniently situated for public transport via tram, train and bus.


Features:

• Strong pastoral care program
• On-campus counsellors
• Two self-contained campuses
• Dual-Recognition programs
• Library facilities
• Special education services
• Music centre
• Individual music tuition
• Bands and musical ensemble
• Theatre
• Gymnasium/Auditorium
• Accelerated learning programs
• Vertical Middle School program
• Computer laboratories
• Specialist computer centres.

School location

Address:  1436 Plenty Road
Bundoora VIC 3083

Diocese:  Archdiocese of Melbourne

Region:  Eastern

Parish:  St Damian's