St Brigid's School, Mordialloc

St Brigid's School, Mordialloc

Principal:  Mrs Wendy Sullivan

E No.  E1077

Year Levels:  P to 6

Phone Number:  9580 4518

Email Website

History:

St Brigid's School commenced as a two-room school in 1911 with three Brigidine nuns and 33 students. Sisters from Kilbreda Convent, Mentone, came by steam train daily to school. Mother Angus was the first principal of St Brigid's School. Mother Carmel was appointed as principal in 1916 and remained in this position for 46 years. The Brigidine sisters ran the school until 1991. Current enrolment is approximately 300 students.


Description:

St Brigid's School is a co-educational Catholic parish primary school located in the Melbourne bayside suburb of Mordialloc. The school is situated close to the beach, shopping centre and railway station. The nearby Mordialloc Creek offers great boating activities and the Edithvale Wetlands and municipal bicycle path offer terrific family activities. The Mornington Peninsula, only a short drive from Mordialloc, is a thriving tourist area – wineries, markets, surfing, fishing and dolphin watching.
The current structure of the school comprises 11 classrooms, of which two are straight and nine are multi-age.


Features:

A caring, supportive staff
An active parent community
Children's Literacy Success Strategy (CLaSS) and Success in Numeracy Education (SINE) Programs
Sacramental classes, school and class liturgies
Specialist teachers in Art, Physical Education, Korean and Drama
Networked computers in all classrooms
Full WiFi network
Information Resource Centre (IRC) including library and computer lab
Spacious grounds
Adventure play equipment
Interschool sports and swimming program
Buddy support
Instrumental music program
Before and After School Care
You Can Do It Education
Sunsmart policy
Camp programs
Weekly assemblies
School leaders
Lego Robotics Program
Coding
3D Printing & Design.

School location

Address:  129 Albert Street
Mordialloc VIC 3195

Diocese:  Archdiocese of Melbourne

Region:  Southern

Parish:  Catholic Parish of St Mary of the Cross

Enquiry form