St Fidelis' School, Moreland

St Fidelis' School, Moreland

Principal:  Mrs Manuela Watson

E No.  E1116

Year Levels:  P to 6

Phone Number:  9383 3600

Email Website

History:

St Fidelis' School, Moreland, was opened on 28 April 1927 by Archbishop Daniel Mannix and administered by the Sisters of Mercy. The first principal was Sr Mary Helena. The initial intake was 128 pupils and this swelled to 350 within 12 months. St Fidelis' Church was opened in 1938 and the celebration of Sunday Mass moved from the school to the new church. In 1961 a second campus opened in Pascoe Vale, called Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. The first lay principal was appointed in 1975.

In May 2011 we closed our Pascoe Vale South Campus and all students are now located at our Saunders Street Campus. Our new flexible learning space built on the site of the previous hall has provided us with a new hall, basketball court, kitchen and meeting rooms with Senior Learning Areas built on Level 1.

Our current enrolment is 335


Description:

St Fidelis’ School is about learning. Learning about who we are, our God and our world. Learning involves students, teachers, parents, the parish and our local community. We learn best when we are active, work with others and understand how we learn. Together we try new things, value others and reflect on what we have learnt. We share Jesus’ and Fidelis’ stories and act in ways that make them proud.

We are always and everywhere faithful.


Features:

Specialist Teachers in: Physical Education, Music, Art, Italian and ICT.

An onsite Before and After School Care program.

School location

Address:  52 Saunders Street
Moreland VIC 3058

Diocese:  Archdiocese of Melbourne

Region:  Northern

Parish:  St Fidelis'